A first on Emily Divine for you all today, a touch of baking! When it gets chilly, it’s the norm for me to retire to the kitchen and just whip up sweet treats, pop them on a gorgeous tray or cake stand (these are from Zalando if you were wondering!) to enjoy over hot drinks to keep the cold away. Winter baking recipes are something we can all enjoy, especially seeing as it’s almost advent and soon Christmas baking will be well and truly on everybody’s agenda! My very own special gingerbread recipe is the perfect thing and I hope you’ll give it a go and enjoy indulging in them as much as I do! I promise it’s super simple and will taste divine (I may not be Delia, but gosh are these babies yummy). So, get mixing, set your timer (or watch! And FYI, H Samuel have 25% off all watches including Casio, Rotary and Radley until the 3rd Dec for you savvy shoppers…) and get ready to probably eat the entire batch! 😉 x
1. Mix together the flour, ginger, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda.
2. Add the butter and keep mixing until it looks like breadcrumbs, then stir in the sugar.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the egg and the honey, before adding it to the rest of your breadcrumb-like mixture.
4. Time to get yours hands dirty! Knead the dough until it’s smooth and then pop it in the fridge for 20 mins. Whilst it’s chilling, preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.
5. When the 20 minutes is up, roll out your dough and use your favourites cutters to pop out some shapes and place them on a baking tray. Make sure you leave a gap between them, they will expand slightly!
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes & leave to cool before eating – enough time to do the washing up and pop the kettle on! 😉