|*Image sourced by Wahanda.com*|
• and honing your reactions with those high-speed serves
With the stop start nature of the game, you can really soak up the benefits from, but the competitive element means you can push yourself further and harder than you might in the gym. Plus it is sociable too, which is always a winner for me! Whether you’re looking to take up a new sport, tired of the monotony of the gym, or just fancy some fun with your friends, there are some fantastic tennis venues that will bring out the Williams-wannabe within you.
Here are just a few of top tennis locations in the UK:
1. 110 in South East England, including Oxfordshire, the birthplace of Tim Henman!
2. 97 in London, home to Wimbledon two glorious weeks of the year
3. 57 in East Midlands, host of this year’s Special Olympics Regional Tennis Tournament
4. 34 in Yorkshire & Humberside, the home of Roger Taylor, who won six singles titles and ten doubles during his career
5. 14 in Scotland, Andy Murray’s home turf!
6. 11 in Wales, where the now popular game of lawn tennis in part evolved from the old Welsh game of Cerrig y Drudion